CATG presents the Sips & Scripts New Works Festival
Celebrating the development of original plays by NC playwrights
CATG is proud to present the Sips & Scripts New Works Festival, celebrating the development of original plays by NC playwrights.
Conducted over a weekend annually in September, the Sips & Scripts Festival will consist of 5 full-length original plays by 5 North Carolina-based playwrights in staged, book-in-hand readings in a local venue. Sips & Scripts is a service platform that supports, promotes, and produces work written by NC playwrights through public and private readings and through additional nurturing opportunities. Focused on the brave development of these selected works, playwrights will have the opportunity to present to panelists for feedback a week before the festival to incorporate development. The CATG Sips & Scripts Festival intends to celebrate the efforts of our robust scene of North Carolina playwrights, and help expose these new works to our local theater companies and beyond to be produced!
This year’s festival will be held on September 10, 11, and 12 at the new Theatre Raleigh Arts Center.
SELECTED PIECES RECEIVE:
- Presentation in a local theater with basic lights and sound
- Feedback for development by panelists of 2 nationally acclaimed playwrights, as well as local, professional theater artists
- Directors of presentations assigned from CATG membership
- 1 Audition Day for playwrights and directors to select cast members for reading
- 1 Session in Rehearsal Room to present piece to panelists for feedback a week before presentation
- Plentiful invitation opportunities based on capacity
SUBMISSION REQUIREMENTS and INSTRUCTIONS:
- Submissions will be accepted from May 17 – June 13
- Must be a CATG member *new members will receive a discount code for $30 membership fee upon submission
- Submitted piece must be mature in its development – no first drafts please – must be presentation ready!
- Cast may not exceed 9 actors
- Musicals are not being considered at this time
*Submission link will be live on MAY 17! Playwrights whose pieces are selected will be notified at the beginning of August.
Any questions can be submitted to firstname.lastname@example.org