About the company
The Vision of North Carolina Theatre is to preserve the unique American art form of musical theatre, to provide broad access to the arts and to entertain and engage diverse audiences.
North Carolina Theatre is seeking multiple motivated and personable individuals with a passion for the performing arts to join our new Patron Services team. If you are skilled in customer service and would enjoy working with others in the exciting world of musical theatre, this is the job for you! Positions are available immediately, so apply today.
The Patron Services Associates assist patrons in person and over the phone with single-ticket and subscription sales, exchanges, upselling, donation asks, will-call, ticket mailing, and other related services. Associates will also complete seasonal outbound calling campaigns for season renewal, acquisition, and fundraising campaigns.
These flexible part-time positions will report to the Box Office Manager and help engage and grow our patron base through ticket sales and donations. Associates earn $15/hour and will work in the downtown box office located in the Duke Energy Center for the Performing Arts during daytime, evening, and weekend hours, and on site during shows.
We are seeking candidates who demonstrate outstanding customer service and attention to detail, and who are team players, enthusiastic, articulate, and have an interest in the arts.
- At least one year of successful customer service experience; sales experience preferred, and Archtics a plus
- Demonstrated success handling cash, checks, and credit cards
- Positive, articulate, outgoing, and friendly personality
- Organizational skills, the ability to work in a fast-paced environment while juggling
multiple tasks, and to remain calm and efficient in a busy work environment with a high level of attention to detail
- Comfortable answering customer questions and patience to resolve customer service issues
- High school diploma or GED
- Ability to stand for long periods of time and communicate effectively over the phone for
the duration of a shift
- Ability to take a background check
Application Instructions & Deadlines
To apply please send cover letter, chronological resume, and 3 references with contact information to firstname.lastname@example.org with Subject Line: Patron Services Associate. Preference will be given to applications received by January 16, 2022.