National Music Theater Foundry
The next generation of musical theater starts right here
The National Music Theater Foundry is CATG’s pinnacle new works development program dedicated to the creation of new musicals. Open to musical writers from all over the nation, the Foundry is committed to providing a full toolbox in a professional environment to help writers of the next era of American musical theater develop and expose their original stories!
NMTF will develop 1 new musical in January 2025 over the course of two weeks – with 2 staged reading presentations for public audiences. Writing teams will be provided a wealth of feedback from various sources, including professional panelists as well as audience members, all to assist in the development and editing process of these rich stories that need to be told!
Selected piece will receive the following:
- Rehearsal facilities will be provided for a 2 week, in-person, rehearsal process, equipped with printers to implement live edits
- Each piece will be assigned a professional creative team including a seasoned Director, Dramaturg, Stage Manager, Music Director, Music Copyist, as well as a qualified Cast
- 2 staged readings for the public in a local venue
- Basic technical capabilities with a sound designer and lighting designer
- 3 panelists will provide moderated critique after each presentation, along with playing a key role in the script editing process
- Writing Team Award – $1500, PLUS HOUSING/TRAVEL